Executive Assistant :: Position Description
Executive Assistant for Linda Fogg Phillips LLC / Tiny Habits LLC
About my company
My name is Linda Fogg Phillips. I am the one of the founders and the Director of Tiny Habits Academy. I work in conjunction with my brother, Dr. BJ Fogg, who is a well-known Behavior Research Scientist at Stanford University.
I am a public speaker, trainer, writer, coach and consultant whose expertise is in habit formation and behavior change. I also do work in the health and wellness industry.
I employ a team of independent contractors who each play a vital role in the success of my business.
Much of my work is done from my home office. I teach and train clients from all over the world virtually. I also travel to speak, teach workshops, and meet with clients. I create online courses and trainings, most of which are taught live virtually, however we are launching some automated online courses during 2019.
This position will perform diverse and confidential administrative duties including but not limited to responding to client on-boarding, customer service and support, overseeing client relationships, and ongoing communication with clients. It will require broad experience, as well as efficiency, organization, and excellent productivity skills.
This position will require 10-15 hours a week with the possibility to increase hours as our company grows. You will need to come into my home office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 noon until 5:00 pm. (note: I have two dogs and a cat) The other hours during the week that you will work can typically be done remotely and at times that work for you, however, there will be occasions in addition to Tuesdays and Thursdays that you will need to come into my home office to work on specific projects. Those days and times will be worked out on a case by case basis.
Required personal and business skills
- Are confident, professional, tech-savvy, and highly proficient in writing.
- Manage your time effectively and take pride in performing your tasks efficiently.
- Are highly detail-oriented, skilled at converting verbal directions into actionable tasks, and able to perform your duties with little hand-holding.
- Possess a positive, get-it-right attitude and are committed to providing unparalleled customer service.
- Have a proven ability to manage and follow through on multiple tasks and deadline-oriented projects under pressure.
- Have an excellent track record of trustworthiness and can be counted on to safeguard confidentiality.
- Are able to see the bigger picture, understanding how you provide value to my company and how the scope of your work contributes to its overall success.
- Take ownership for your mistakes and welcome feedback designed to improve your performance.
- Are a master at organization and intrigued about continual improvement of work processes.
- Appreciate a drama-free workplace and intentionally leave your personal baggage at home.
- Be teachable and anxious to learn new methods and technologies.
- Have a clean driving record.
Tech Skills - these are the platforms that you will be using
You will need to have or acquire skills and experience in the following platforms:
- G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc)
- Online research via the browser of your choice
Nice to have tech Skills
- CRM management
- Membership management
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and maintaining calendars, tasks, and contacts
- Replying to incoming emails and initiating prompt responses, prioritizing issues to ensure the most critical matters are handled in a timely manner.
- Facilitating day-to-day requests and other critical action items on my behalf.
- Scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Conducting business and personal research.
- Assisting with special projects and events.
- Assist with creating slides for presentations in Keynote
- Run errands as needed
- Print, assemble, and ship customer orders
- Client follow-up